Pages

Saturday, July 28, 2007

I am afraid that I going to forget everything that has happened here. There have been so many good experiences but at the end of the day I can’t muster up the energy to write them down in my Journal. There are so many things about this place that I love. I love the beautiful trees and mountains, I love the pupusarias on every corner, I love the tired old people who sit on the same street every day with the same expression selling the same bracelets or candies, or whatever you need really. Mostly I love all of the different kinds of people I meet every day. I am now sitting listening to our 30 something year old friend Carlos talk to another volunteer out on the patio. He is quite the character. He is a communist who LOVES Mic Jagger and The Who. He says he lived in San Francisco for years but he doesn’t speak a word of English. …..well except for the English he’s learned from listening to the Beatles. He says he did drugs in San Francisco, which is rather apparent by his jittery movements and comments. He has a crush on me and is constantly asking me if I have a boyfriend or to take weird pictures or if he can see my “bootiful, bootiful” hair because I often have it up in a ponytail. He comes over every night to play us his favorite oldies and in the morning he stops by to pick up anyone who would like to go running. He is quite the experience in himself.

No comments: