Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Good life

This has been an amazing weekend and it is only Saturday! It was much needed after the week from H.....Well, I think you understand. I came down to go to court about my accident and have spent so much time with people I can't live with out! It has been wonderful! Friday night I spent time with my wonderful friend Ashley watching movies and talking about a man that I love to pieces. Then Saturday morning I ate a Korean breakfast with my Korean grandmother and Aunt. Who knew that soup and extra sticky rice were breakfast foods? Everyone who knows me knows I am a picky eater. I was very proud when I got the strange spicy soup down. (I'm still trying to get the taste of sea weed out of my mouth)

Although playing with Ashley and listening to my grandma and not understanding a word was awesome, the best part of my weekend didn't start until I showed up unannounced (again) at my sister's house. Okay, she had about 15 minutes warning. Elizabeth and Mark really are so good to me. We sat there and talked about everything and nothing. I really don't remember half of the things that were said but it was nice to sit there and not have anywhere to be or anyone to please. A great part of the day was when I got in the shower and started listening to the CD my sister had made for me. This semester has been so rough in more ways then one and when I started to listen to the songs I just about cried. It reminded me how nice it is to be Liz's little sister and how much she cares about me. It really is so rewarding just to spend time with people you love.

Jared, my wonderful friend stopped by to make fun of my amazing dance skills and spend some time with my sister and I. We laughed at how when I got the call saying he was on his way I hung up the phone and with out another word my sister and I looked at each other and started straightening her apartment as fast as we could. It's funny how the training you receive when you are young sticks with you. Nonetheless, it was really nice to hang out with both Jared and my sister. If Nic was there it would have been just like the old days in Maryland. After Jared decided he had had enough he left to go watch basket ball (Of all things to ditch his two favorite people for....basket ball. I am only kidding.) Mark came home and we headed to to my cousin's apartment to play games. It was so much fun to talk to Abby and her husband Justin and laugh until we cried at everyone's off the wall comments. Who knew that shortbread wasn't German and High V is also spelt HIV! Why do I live in Idaho when there are so many people I love and enjoy in Utah?

No comments: