Today has been a really good day. I finally painted my room and I am pretty excited about it. My dad and sisters helped me and at first I was sad because the color was NOT the same as the color swatch I asked them to match it to. It's a light lavender! But I have gotten used to it and like it okay. That all has nothing to do with my thoughts tonight, but I thought I would give an update on my project.
When I was a teenager and used to complain my sweet father would turn to me and say, "Deborah, you have such a charmed life." I would roll my eyes and go on secretly wishing that whatever I was complaining about was different. Today I was down stairs in the basement cleaning out a few of my drawers in my old room for Eldon and I ran across a very sweet note from a dear friend. As I continued to go through my things I found pictures and other reminders of just how blessed I am and what a truly charmed life I really do have. I was reminded how heavenly father has blessed me to have so many wonderful people in my life who have brought me so much happiness. If you are reading this you can consider yourself part of that group.
I am so grateful and happy to be where I am in my life right now. I have had many wonderful experiences that I wouldn't exchange for anything. Some times I can forget who I am and the valuable qualities I posses. I wasn't necessarily reminded of those tonight when I went through my things in the basement, but I was reminded of what a good life I have had and how much I have to be grateful for. I feel like I am repeating myself a bit in this post, but I guess what I want to say is how grateful i am for each one of who who have taught me something during the long or short period I have known you and I truly am grateful for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment