Well, we have finished our first day of road tripping it. We decided it would be best if we didn't try to push it and we stopped for the night to get some rest. Everyone else is asleep, but because I was so "smart" when we stopped for dinner I rebelled and added a shot of Mountian dew to my gadoraide to make sure I stayed awake while Sarah slept next. Who's Idea was that? I get a buzz from medicine with the slightest Caffeine. Oh well. It gives me a chance to write down a few things about our first day of travel. Things today started out great! We decided not to leave early in the morning which gave me time to get enough sleep to last me all day!! We left the house at about 11:45 am and stopped off to see some very important people. 8 to be exact. After passing out candy to 6 little boys, quick goodbyes, and an oil change we were on the road by 1:30.
The start was a little later then expected but we still were doing ok. I let Eldon take the lead so he could use his new GPS without having to follow his big sister. What an adventure that was. There we were driving down the 70 when he gets off and decides to take us through towns and neighborhoods. At first I was a little annoyed by the detour but was soon pacified by the amazing scenery. Maryland really is a beautiful place.
We drove for a while and stopped at a gas station/subway to get some food. Poor Eldon had been driving all day with bad sinus pressure and no tissues. I bought his some Meds and tissues and made him take them right there in the gas station. (don't worry I made sure it was non drowsy) Tressa then took the reins of their car and we were off again. That's when the ridiculous rain hit. This is my 8th time making this drive and it never fails that there is hazardous weather that makes you scared for your life. Really out of no where the heavens opened and I was worried about a reenactment of Noah's arc. You couldn't see out your window because the windshield wipers don't move fast enough to clear the water even on the highest level. I was fine driving through it because again, on almost every trip there is weather like this but I was so worried for Tress. She is a very capable driver but I am still very protective when it comes to my siblings. Yeah, I didn't like that they were both in the car behind me and I couldn't do any thing about it if something really bad were to happen. But we are safe and that's all that matters.
Now we are in the sketchiest motel ever. HA I mean I have been in nicer places when I stayed in hostels in El Salvador. Okay, that is a bit of an over statement, but at least the toilets in El Sal worked. But when I called around to find a place to go this guy gave me a "break" on the price because it was raining pretty hard outside. HA I bet I could have haggled him down 20 buck more if I would have seen the room before hand. Oh well. I'll push those dateline specials on the nastiness of hotel rooms to the back of my mind tonight, man up and sleep on the sheets.
3 comments:
I've decide the picture done describe it well enough. Deborah you also forgot the deer you almost hit, the scary guy I saw staring at us. The fact that the motel is right by a adult video store...umm i think that's it.
Ahh, the adventure of college road trips. Stay out of the bars young ones. (For Deborah that means no Mountain Dew benders). I am glad to hear that you had the sense to find a motel, instead of driving or staying on the side of the road somewhere. Take it from someone who has experience hitchiking across the States, there are some shady charachters out there. Most of which hang around cheap hotels next to Adult video stores. Hmmmm...
I laughed so hard at your comparison of the Hotel to those in El Sal. Sorry you had to stay there, but so glad you all stopped to rest. Hopefully the weather will be happier through the rest of your trip. We'll be praying for you. We TOTALLY missed you today!! Your absence was really noticed, especially by our clan.
Post a Comment