One of my very favorite things about summer time in Rexburg is what I fondly call snowies! The thing about Rexburg is it gets bitter cold in the winter and so darn hot in the summers. The best cure for the summer heat are snowies! Oh I love them! Last week the summer hit and it was BEAUTIFUL out side. Tressa and I got together after work for homework or something and I took her to get her very first snowy. I am so proud of her.
Ooooooooh, they look good to me. Remind me to get one next time I am out that way. It looks kind of like shave ice, which is one of the things I miss most about living on the islands. We used to get shave ice OFTEN. People here don't even call it shave ice... they call it shaved ice, and they don't serve it with ice cream in the bottom either. Silly people.
4 comments:
Ooooooooh, they look good to me. Remind me to get one next time I am out that way. It looks kind of like shave ice, which is one of the things I miss most about living on the islands. We used to get shave ice OFTEN. People here don't even call it shave ice... they call it shaved ice, and they don't serve it with ice cream in the bottom either. Silly people.
It sounds like snowies is pretty much the same thing as shave ice. They have the ice cream on the bottom and everything!
PS. You are more then welcome to come out this way soon.
Save one for me.
Post a Comment