Step 1: Sort clothes into colors (I wanted to take good care of them see, and not have the disaster of a red sock in my whites)
This step usually consisted of 4 or 5 huge mounts of dirty clothes covering my bedroom floor for at least an hour. Oh how patient my roommate was.
Step 2: Find empty washer and wash clothes.
Step 3: Since there are still dirty clothes on your floor switch laundry. Put clean clothes in dryer and dirty clothes in washer.
Step 4: Forget about them for at least a day. (usually 3)
Step 5: Find clothes half dry sitting on the counter of the laundry room smelling a little funky.
Step 6: Repeat
It was a great system I had down.
Even with my great system, I wish we didn't need clothes. Because that means we would not need laundry. Recently my disgust for laundry has become even more specific. HAND WASH!!! Curse you!
I had a run in with two hand wash fabrics that ended in my favorite cream Nordstrom cardigan transforming into a black and white tie died cardigan. Granted, there was some fault on my end but the mishap firmed up my commitment to hating hand wash clothes. Usually as soon as I see that label at the store it goes right back on the rack. Luckily I have been soaking my sweaters for over a WEEK now and the stains are almost out!
Before I die, I am going to have someone I pay just to do my laundry!
1 comment:
I think the person that you pay to do your laundry is called a dry cleaner.
Did I tell you about the time when I worked as a hotel clerk that a resident who stayed on a monthly basis sent their laundry out to be cleaned. The bill for the weeks laundry was just over $100, the price of the week's rent. That by the way was in the mid 1980s.
Perhaps at those kinds of prices, you will learn not to hate doing laundry so much.
Post a Comment