Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Greetings from El Salvador

Hi Blogging World!

For the last 6 days I have been out of the internet loop. I have not checked my email, blog, and (brace your selves) facebook! I didn´t plan to either. However it is monday night and that means it was time for me to write Tressa. I am not about to let being in a forgin country stop me from sending her a hello. But once I got on my email it was just second nature to type in facebook.com and by the time I realized what I was doing it was to late. So I figured I might as well blog too.

I am here in El Salvador and having quite the time! The poor man in the lobby of our hotel, I am sure, wants me to make this quick...so I will try. It has been over 4 years since last time I was here eating real papusas and shewing away stray chuchos. I thought I knew quite a bit about El Salvador, but on this trip I have seen a side to El Salvador that I have never seen before. I have been back less then a week but it feels like it´s been two. This trip has been extremely enriching but also mentally draining. Holy cow! My eyes have been opened to the corruption in the government and the injustice I did not know was happening when was here last running around with the orphans. (They don´t talk about politics much.) It´s hard to hear and take in. Especially about a country that I love so much. But I have been inspired by the resiliency of the human spirit and the wonderful things that can happen when people work together for a common good.

I am so grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. I am grateful for the safety and comfort it has given me. It gives me something to hold on to in times I have lost all other hope. It also seems to be something the people of this country have clung to as well. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church and I am so grateful for the prophets guidance and leadership.

Anyway, there will be pictures to come of course. I have had a fabulous time and wont come back the same person.

No comments: