I follow a blog called
Write Mind Open Heart. Every 4th Monday of each month the author, Lori Luz, writes about a perfect moment that happened during her week and invites her readers to do the same.

In her invitation she writes, "
Perfect Moment Monday
is about noticing a perfect moment rather than creating one. Perfect
moments can be momentous or ordinary or somewhere in between."
What a great idea!!! I have been very guilty of running from task to task trying to check things off my pesky to do list that I miss the many perfect moments that happen in my life. Tonight however, was the exception. After I got home from school and vegged on the couch for much longer then I am willing to admit, I gathered my energy, grabbed my computer and a movie, and went down stairs do some post wedding/school/internship clean up.

While in process, my phone rang and it was my Bestest Best Friend Catherine. She too is equally as busy and so our contact is not as often as either of us would like. I decided the clean up project could wait yet another day and I answered the phone. Best decision I have made this week! For an hour and a half we talked and laughed like we were teenagers again. She told me about boys she thought I should date and I told her about school, the boy I have written off, and a dramatic voice mail I received that made me want to say bad words. We giggled and didn't censor our thoughts at all. When our conversation turned to more adult things like houses, husbands, and jobs we decided I am much to young to be referred to as a "therapist" and she is much to young to have the youth in her ward think her first name is "Sister". So we changed the subject to boys again. (because she wants me to be just as hopelessly happy in marriage as she is, the topic of potential beaus is one of her favorites).

As we talked and laughed I stopped to take it all in. It's these small moments that really matter. It's in the small moments of laughing with my best friend that I am energized and rejuvenated. That's what gives my life value. Not my to do list. How grateful I am for that perfect moment.
7 comments:
Good morning Deborah! Welcome to Perfect Moment Mondays! I look forward to the opportunity to participate every month.
I loved this part of your post:
"I decided the clean up project could wait yet another day and I answered the phone. Best decision I have made this week!"
It is so true that in the big picture our relationships with loved ones mean so much more than the tasks on our to do list! Thanks for sharing!
Hi! It's my first PMM too! Moments with our friends are the best! I'm gonna make some memories with my bestie tonight.
Welcome to Perfect Moment Mondays, Deborah! You picked a terrific one to come out of the gate with.
Yes! Spending time with a BBFF (love the extra B) is so much more nourishing than chipping away at the ToDo list. My mood lightened up just reading about all your laughter with your bestie.
Love it!
Not much equals a good laugh and a long phone call with your BBFF. Glad you put the to-do list away for that!
Love this! Yet another reason why I feel like being your friend keeps me young! I miss you!
Deborah,
I couldn't find your email on your blog, but I would love to chat with you about sharing your adoption story, to benefit other birth mothers. Email me at ladies@oneshetwoshe.com.
Thanks!
Mariel
www.oneshetwoshe.com
What a lovely post. You make me happy. (And thanks for making my guys happy. I should think by the way you are mauled when you come over that you would know how much you are loved!)
Post a Comment