Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Change and Adventure




You Are a Tulip



You have a wild, experimental side that craves change.

You often switch jobs and lovers, always looking for something better.

But deep down, you're also very well grounded and content.

And you will come to know that the life you live is already ideal.




This was on Abby's blog and I wanted to know what kind of flower I would be. So I took the quiz and I love the results! It's funny because they pretty much hit the nail on the head. As I think over my week I can't help but laugh at myself because of the drama created in just my own head over new jobs, boys, and old friends. Over the course of five days I have stressed out over tests for school, Driven my co-workers CRAZY over "what I am going to do about going to BYU-Idaho in January if I get the promotion I applied for" and I've given myself a few wrinkles stressing about the boy I have no interest in, driving hours from his home to mine just to go on a date and what I need to do to not lead him on in any way! Add on a few Hours of sleeping eating and going back and forth in my mind about whether I should wear a dress to work or slacks and you have my week. I am exhausted!

I am trying to teach my self to be a little more decisive and less dramatic, but it's slow going. When I sit down and think about it I do love the adventure that moving brings but I also hate the insecurities that follow close behind it. Really all in all life is great and I am so glad I am where I am right now. I am so young and I have so much to learn and I am surrounded by so many amazing people who can teach me!

3 comments:

Abby said...

Hey Kid,

So, your a tulip. That's great! I think it fits you. You always have been one of the most adventurous and change appreciating people that I know:)

Hey, I am so glad that you had a good time in Central America this summer and I would LOVE to hear your stories sometime!!

I would also love to hear about the changes you are having right now in your life. BYU-Idaho? Is that what you mentioned? Well, whatever you do I know you'll do it well! Love you!

Deborah said...

Abby, I love how you put that....."change appreciating" I will totally fill you in on my Central America trip some time. It was pretty much amazing and I have way to many stories. I am sad I missed you when I was out there last but I love you! Thanks for being such an amazing cousin!

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is it's just you!