Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Up date

Tonight I was talking on the phone to one of my very good friends, telling him all about my adventures from El Salvador. When I started going I just couldn't stop. I hadn't told any stories in such a long time and I had started to get home sick. Later that night I remembered that I still had not emailed pictures to one of my English students that I promised I would email to her a very long time ago and started looking through the pictures I had of when I ate dinner at her house. This particular student was VERY wealthy and had a very nice home. LOL we were invited by her family to eat at her house two days before I flew back home and it was the first time I sat on a couch in some one's home while I was in El Salvador. It was funny to me when I walked in their home and saw the couch and thought....WOW! These guys are lucky! (especially because my cot on the porch had been deemed our couch during the day time)I don't want to ramble on but I was thinking about how much I have settled back into my life in the states so Quickly. I was reading an earlier post of little quirks I had coming home and I have found that most are gone. IT makes me pretty sad but I am so grateful for the experience I was able to have. I think about it every day and how grateful I am for it. Here are some fun pics from our dinner at Yascy's house.


Making Papusas!


The whole family! Grandma and all!


We sang them the isty bitsy spider in English

(ps. this will be one of the last "I miss el salvador" posts. Promise!)

No comments: