Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

My First trip to Florida

Okay, where do I start? I have had many many thoughts I have wanted to share but no time to share it in. Do I talk about my AMAZING trip to Florida? Or should I focus on my latest thoughts about my wonderful life? Because it is after midnight and it is easier to post pictures, I will talk about my trip! It was fast but oh so needed! I flew into FL Saturday afternoon and Donald Picked me up. We spent our time in Miami, West Palm Beach, and Key West! We hosted a BBQ (just like the good old BYU-I days), I met his Florida friends, and enjoyed meeting and playing games with his family.  Oh and church! Who can forget church?! During the passing of the sacrament I enjoyed the Rastafarian music coming from the man's cell phone behind me. And then I enjoyed his conversation after he ANSWERED IT! LOL really it was comical! Then there was the man who instantly fell asleep and began snoring loudly after each prayer and the woman who after the water was passed through her row began to offer contaminated Altoids to everyone around her. (she wasn't quiet about it. LOL). This was the same woman who returned to sit in front of half the ward with her zipper broken and the back of her dress wide open baring it all! When told about her dress she said, "oh I know. My zipper broke just today". She had no qualms about it. Although the sacrament was eventful, I couldn't help but sit there and think how wonderful it was to have people from all backgrounds come together on Sunday to renew their baptismal covenants and worship the savior the best they know how. I bet heavenly father appreciated the meeting as much as I did. (Ok probably even more).

Here are my pictures from the trip. (They are all on facebook too. So for those of you who stalk me here and on facebook, sorry for the repeats!)
Biking in Key West was heaven and SO much fun!

Cute cafe in Key West!

Oh I wanted to see a Cuban so bad! (apparently they were all over)

After a long day of beaching, walking, biking, and touring it around Key West.


The beach was beautiful even with the seaweed carpet behind me.

80 degrees with a light breeze! Perfection!


I was only allowed to take one bag on the plane that would fit under the seat in front of me. I was pretty darn pleased with myself that I was able to fit so much in as well as travel so light! Go me!

Mimi after I flew in.

5 comments:

Six Boy's Dad said...

I am so jealous. I grew up visiting keys, and West Palm is my old stomping ground. It is also where I joined the Church. Thanks for the pictures.

Deborah said...

What?! Did you ever go to church there? It was awesome! I love west palm beach!

Six Boy's Dad said...

Go to Church there? I was baptized there. (Didn't I write that already?) I lived in Palm Beach since I was two. My grandfather founded the Palm Beach Medical Group.

Deborah said...

Yes, you did mention that's west palm beach is where you were baptized but I thought maybe you attended a different ward. I guess there is only one ward that goes to that building then I guess. That's really cool you have so many roots there! I love it there! Next time I go I think you and Eve should come with! How much fun would that be?!

EDETR's Dad said...

I loved reading your post. I can still hear the words you used describing the gentleman who answered his phone during the sacrament.

This is yet another great escapade in the Wonderful World of Deborah.