I don't know if any one noticed but day 24 was missing. When it came time to write the post I could not think of one blasted thing "I had learned!" I had just graduated from college for goodness sakes. Haven't I learned something? May be it was the lack of direction. Some thing I had learned from what? What arena was I supposed to draw my nugget of knowledge from? I digress. I have thought of something and am ready to dispense this something now. I hope I can express it adequately.
Something that has been on my mind recently, and has been apparent through out my entire life, is the fact that Heavenly Father always puts the right people in my path at the right times in my life. It is either to help me through whatever challenge I face or for me to help them. I was reminded of that tonight after I got off the phone with my best friend. I just spent the last hour and a half pouring my soul out to my her. She had a lot of others things she needed to do tonight but she sat there and listened to me and now I feel a little more healed.
I am grateful for those people who take the time to serve me and to love me. I am grateful that Heavenly Father knows me well enough to know what I need and sends me someone who can provide that.
So this is what I've learned.
I have learned that it is so important to allow other people to serve you. It can be challenging as well as very humbling to accept help, but there are great benefits and blessings that come for everyone involved. When you accept help from others in a way you are sharing your troubles and sharing your burdens with them. When you do not allow others to serve you you are isolating yourself and saying, "Nope. I can carry this huge load on my own." Who wants to be isolated anyway.
When I serve others I develop a love for that person. I create a bond with them that I value because of service they allowed me to give them. I also feel good about myself and I am better able to feel the spirit. When one does not accept service from others they are denying other the opportunity and blessings of feel those things and showing them love. So really, you are providing a service to them by allowing them to serve you! ;)
What a great plan heavenly father has! He did not put us on this earth to go it alone. We have wonderful people around us to help lift us and carry the burdens we have. It makes life so much easier when you distribute that weight. What a happy and fulfilling way to live your life!
1 comment:
You have captured the essence of service and loving one another. Your grandmothers would have been very proud of you.
Post a Comment