I have a lot of stuff. When my parents moved me from my apartment in Idaho to the east coast my mom thought, "We can fly out and bring extra bags to fit all your stuff in".... My dad thought "we can bring the van and there will be plenty of room to spare!"
This is a picture of the van from the front seat. They took the back seats out and left only the captain chairs that Rach and my mom are sitting in. The rest of the van was packed from top to bottom and I still left things behind. My father says I am a pack rat. I say, I've been living on my own for 7 years! However if I had to choose only a few things from everything in that van this is what I would choose. Probably even over my scriptures! Those are replaceable (and of course I have them memorized!), but these are not.
I take these things every where I go and to every place I move. The bear and the necklace were gifts that were given to me by very dear friends of mine. I wear that necklace on very special occasions or when I need a little extra comfort or strength. The photo albums contain pictures of people that I love and adore. I love looking at these pictures over and over again. And the picture frame.....It is usually displayed in my room or in my living room and people are always asking me who that little boy is. And so I tell them. He's one of my best friends' baby. I love him and think it's one of the cutest pictures ever. He is actually much older now but it reminds me of happy things and so I keep it in there. Actually it also reminds me of a time I went to go get my picture taken as a 7 year old. The photographer told me to think of something that made me happy and I thought of kittens. I don't really know why but that picture reminds me of that story.
The only thing missing from this picture is a notebook of letters between me and my friend Leslie that I had saved for years. It got lost in my move out to Rexburg January 2008 and I have been heart broken about it ever since. I would probably pay quite a bit of money to have them back. So to you out there in the universe who may have found that notebook! I am willing to pay if you just send it back to me.
And there you have it. A picture of things that mean a lot to me.

1 comment:
Some thought we couldn't get it all in but we did.
Post a Comment