Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 28-Something that stresses you out

I've never been good with choices. It stresses me out to have to make the right choice between many things. I will go back and forth between the options weighing them out until I have driven myself AND everyone around me CRAZY! Let me tell you! Going to the drive-through is a nightmare! There are 5 cars full of hungry people behind me and a tired employee all wanting me to make 5 decisions right then and there. What do I want? Do I want to make it a meal? Do I want it biggie sized or regular? Do I want curly or regular fries? Ranch, honey mustard, caesar, or blue cheese? And to top it off what to drink? Talk about pressure! I always feel very proud of myself driving away having just made all those decisions so quickly.

What is behind this stress? I of course want to make the right choice. I want to make the one that will help the most people. Last Tuesday I was exhausted! It was time to go to institute but I really didn't have the energy to go. Seriously I agonized whether I should go or not! I was really tired but what if there was some one there that needed me? What if I needed to hear the message that night? It took a lot of energy deciding what to do.

So choices? Yeah they stress me out.


If you thought the post was over and have stopped reading that's fine. But for the others who are not sick of hearing from me, another thing that stresses me out is running into exes. Even though I break things off....... I guess it's the uncomfortable feeling and not knowing what they are thinking at the moment is what gets to me. Last night I was in Mr Moment of Weakness's end of town for an institute activity and seriously, the thought of running into him made me want to wet my pants! Well that is until I gave myself "the talk". It goes something like this.

"Deborah, you are being ridiculous! You are amazing and you don't care what he thinks. You are going to walk in there and all heads will turn! Because you're going to keep telling yourself that you are the hottest girl there and every man in that room wants you". Granted it may not be true, but it gives me that little boost of confidence to get me through the anxious moment. So there's my little secret for you! Even though I don't believe it, when I am feeling uncomfortable I am telling myself things like "They'd be crazy not to hire you", "you are totally funny!", or "you are the best public speaker of all time!" Try it! It works!

1 comment:

EDETR's Dad said...

Yep, you are right. You struggle with decisions but you always make the best one. You also care what people think but in the end you control what you think about yourself.