Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Lent

So I gave up facebook for lent.

I need to get a lot done and I knew I spent a lot of time on it but I didn't realize how this would impact my daily living!

I am sitting here trying to study and every time my mind wanders or I get bored I instinctively start to type facebook.com into my web browser. I stop myself. Nope, I can't do that anymore.....then I sit there, staring and bewildered. I am completely out of options to waste my time! I take a few breaths and get back to reading about the bipolor II, hypomanic, mild disorder or Aspergers and autism.

If there is one thing I have learned from this it is I need to expand my pointless interests to things other then who's writing on who's wall and what so and so has to say about my status. Maybe I will try to get into WoW or some thing.......No, definitely not.

Anyway, This is a cycle that happens about every 20 minutes. I thought, "Hey! That's fine! I'll go stalk my fav blogs instead of my fav facebook walls". COME ON PEOPLE! I want to waste my time and it's hard to do when I have to read the same posts over and over. Updates! UPDATES! Blogging is just not as entertaining and instantaneous as facebook. I am going a little crazy here. It's probably just with drawls. I'm waiting for when I start getting jittery and irritated. That should be fun. LOL Kidding!

I am doing pretty well if I do say so myself! One day down! 45 more to go!

5 comments:

Six Boy's Dad said...

There is always correspondence. People are thrilled getting personalized letters, and it helps rebuild that sense of community and connection that we lack today in our solitary existences. We make a person feel loved and appreciated with just a simple one-to-one note. Or, flash games like Tower-Defense are always fun.

Deborah said...

I am actually a note writer already! And now that you mention it I have a few letter I need to go respond to. I struggle with interests in video games of any kind though. But I'll look tower-defense up!

ESN said...

Deborah don't listen to six boys dad. Tower Defence is WAY TOO ADDICTING!!!! Trust me I never had struggled with video games until he introduced me to TD. I LOVE them. (Gee Thanks Honey.)
On another note, I laughed at you through this whole post. I didn't realized you celebrated Lent. (tee hee)

EDETR's Dad said...

Now I know why you told me that Bradley wanted me to post on my blog.

amberkei said...

Alright, alright. I should keep blogging up to par - just for you! You crack me up, Deborah. I hope things are well...other than the withdrawls...