Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

Thank you mommy!

Just a quick shout out to my mother!

Currently I am tending a cute little 1 1/2 year old boy. I thought it would be a piece of cake.....apparently I needed to learn a thing or two. He is the only child and so he doesn't play well by himself. That means he is constantly crawling on me or trying to get my attention. I LOVE his nap time! It is my....well the only word I can think of is precious! It is precious time to me like I am sure it is to other mothers and caregivers. Lately it has been a fight to get this little boy to sleep. And. I am selfish. I want to put him in his bed and GO! I work as fast as I can to get as much done as I can before he wakes up. But it turns into me putting him in his bed and him crying until he wins.......Ohy!

Because I am watching him at my house my mother has started to help do her thing to get him to bed!! Mommy, can I keep you forever? I don't know if I can raise kids on my own without her.

 Umm...I wonder if my husband will be up for living with my parents once we have kids? .....I think not. Anyway, the point is my mother is VERY good to have around. Maybe except when she feeds the boy cookies for lunch after he refuses to eat his other food.
Not the little boy I babysit, but an even cuter one wanting a cupcake!

3 comments:

ESN said...

Before I read the last line of your post I saw the pic and thought, "Wow, that kid looks so much like another kid I know."
LOL! I agree I think he is adorable.
BTW. Parenting is SO much different than watching other peoples kids. Even though I did some nannying in my younger years I didn't love it.But I love being a Mom.
And another thing I love is pictures with your Mom and babies. It just looks right! She's wonderful! (Do you think she would consider moving in with me?)

Deborah said...

If she would consider it, you can't have her! I need her way to much! I might let her visit sometimes though.

EDETR's Dad said...

Hey, I thought you threatened to live with me forever.