Day 1: Introduce yourself, share recent picture, and 15 interesting facts
I am Deborah Diane Allred......I always get stuck there. I am from the east coast and I love saying that! When I originally moved from sunny California I thought I'd always claim the golden state as my home but oh how times have changed. I am starting Grad school in a few days and as I have told everyone I am excited but my biggest worry is: where in the world am I going to get the money to pay for it? Luckily life always works out and I've decided to pull a Scarlet and worry about that tomorrow.
My Recent picture......
This was taken in December right before graduation (I am sick of using graduation pictures for everything). I had one of the worst days at my internship on this day (I don't know if you can tell but I had cried all my make up off). The social work program is big on centering yourself (doing something you like to do) so you can stay sane and not burn out. I decided I needed a break from the shenanigans at the office. So I ran home and wore my hula out fit around my apartment for about an hour and then went back. There. Centered!
15 facts: Oh I am sorry.....15 INTERESTING facts:
1. I hate being called Debbie. (if you call me Debbie we will stop being friends)
2. I have been on 100 first dates
3. I have not read any of the twilight series and I never will
4. One day I want to sell everything I have and backpack through the world (or at least Europe).
5. I struggle with meeting new people and I don't like big groups. (I promise it's true)
6. I find it amusing to say things that will shock people or make them just a tad bit uncomfortable
7. I often have to restrain myself when some one I love is in need. (I go into take over mode and want to fix the problem)
8. I have been skinny dipping
9. My parents are two of my best friends
10. I have been the best man and attended a bachelor party. Yes, I said Bachelor party. And NO! I was not the entertainment.
11. I do not enjoy peanut butter.
12. I am very picky about my bottled water. (Arrowhead is my fave!)
13. I don't like playing sports that have any type of flying balls (it stems from childhood trauma)
14. I don't really have many favorites of things like food and color. I just don't like absolute statements.
15. I am better at driving a car backward then I am at driving it forward
6 comments:
#5 I can see where you are coming from but...
Deborah,
I can't tell you how many times things on this list have come up in conversations between my hubby and me over the past 24 hours. LOL, thanks for the fun conversation pieces.
HA Eve I just love that you comment. No one ever does any more. LOL I am happy to help with your conversation in any way I can.
There are only a couple of surprises on your list. Can you guess which ones?
You left out some facts like you are so much fun to be around cause you make people turn their frowns upside down. My Steven thinks your a blast too. You are a beautiful person inside and out. I love your sunny disposition and I am not surprised about #8 or #6 cause I like to do #6 too. Welcome Home to the EAST COAST BABY>
Thanks Julie! You are always so good to me! I need to keep you around!
And Dad, I can't think of anything that shocks you other then # 5 or # 11.....Because you know about everything else. Even the skinny dipping and the bachelor party.
Post a Comment