Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 23-Favorite vacation

I feel like I have already blogged about my favorite vacation. Some of these topics at the end of the list here are seeming a little redundant. So after discussing it with my editor and trusted adviser, I have decided to just talk about my dream vacation.

Really my dream vacation would to be to backpack through the world!

 I met some people while hiking the volcano in Guatemala who were doing exactly that and it has been a dream for me ever since. They found packages where you could get like 5 plane tickets for a certain amount of money and they chose where those tickets stopped.

So I would start in London and then travel through the European countries by bus and train and then catch another plane to like Africa and follow the pattern. Obviously I haven't planned it all out but I am not one to really plan every single detail out anyway. Maybe when I graduate grad school I will do it! How awesome would that be?!

Can't you just see me doing THIS?!?! I can!
 I would love to stay in hostels and meet new people!
A picture of some random hostel in Paris.

It's amazing how little you have to spend and bring on a trip like this. I would only bring a backpack and whatever I could fit inside it. I love eating at little cafes or street vendors which keeps the cost of food much lower then going to a restaurant. One day....One day.

5 comments:

Tressa Allred said...

Trip across the world...ambitious.

Jana Casino said...

I'm in. whenever, wherever. don't care how much it costs. count me in. do you want a travel partner??

Deborah said...

Tressa you know you want to do it too! And Jana, I can always use a travel partner. Especially one who knows how to rock heels through the globe.

Court said...

Um can I come???

EDETR's Dad said...

Okay, I just commented on your last post and now after reading this one I realized that my comments were a little off. While I would love to travel to these cities with you, perhaps I could not be your perfect traveling partner.

So the deal is now that I get the job to England and bring you there. Perhaps we can do lunch in London and then you can meet up with your friends and then you can start your grand adventure.